Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hello Again....

After a very long haitus from the blogging world - I am back. There are many reasons for not writing, but probably the most important would have to be the tone and words of some of the comments that were made concerning my posts. Those were not published for any of you to have to read. Soooo, I am back and ready to catch up with my online friends. If the comments begin again - I will have to make some changes to the way that I post.
Life has been crazy as usual, but it has taken on an even crazier pace for us in the past week. David leaves on Thursday morning for Africa. This time a week in Jinja, Uganda and then he travels with three other men to Siaya, Kenya. This is really a dream come true and answer to many, many prayers. Our friends and "family" in Siaya are going to get "CLEAN WATER" !!!!
More about all of that later...so check back.
Kelly has completed a year of living on her own and going to school in Charleston. Kaiti has completed her Masters in Teaching, and has decided to stay at home and be with Collin next year. Robert is already gearing up to deploy again in January. This time he will fly off of an aircraft carrier. David is busier than ever with his job, and his passion for the people of Kenya and Uganda. I have cut way back on my real job and now spend too much time doing David's office work. I have also taken on two incredible 8 year-olds who were struggling with home-schooling after the sudden death of their Daddy. I have been working with them on a full-time basis from January up until Apri. Now, I am there as support several times each week. What a blessing this has been!!!
Collin is growing up right in front of us - literally. We are able to skype with him almost daily. What an absolute joy he is!!!!

5 comments:

christine said...

Nice to see you back, but sorry you got some negative comments--you are are great writer and I have missed hearing from you. Someday I may blog again, right now with FB and Twitter I spend enough time on this machine! Will be praying for David and the trip and hope you have an awesome "break".

annie's eyes said...

Oh I have missed you. It's so good to catch up on things. I have taken a break from blogging pretty much myself but more because of busyness. Colin is so precious, and glad your girls are doing well. I'm praying for David and the mission work. Love, Annette

JeanMac said...

What a doll he is. too bad some poeple have to make life difficult for bloggers. I'm sorry to hear you have had trouble, Kathy. Love J

Technonana said...

Sorry You had to deal with Negativity, that's never pleasant!!
Thanks for the updates!!
Love,
Sharon

Angela Baylis said...

SO nice to see you are back! You have been very busy! Your grandson is adorable! Wow... SO much going on in your life! So sweet that you are able to Skype daily! Don't you just love the computer? Sorry people have been hurtful regarding comments. It seems we've all had a taste of that and it's not fun! Anyway, thanks for coming back to blog land!
Love,
Angie xoxo