Saturday, January 01, 2011

2011

As I sit here on the first day of 2011, my prayer is that this is a better year for everyone that I know - both near and far. This has been a year of change, a year in a new season, a year of health concerns, a year of pain, hurt and loss for so many that we know.
There have been wonderful moments and times of joy - any time spent with our family all together, watching as Kaiti grows into an amazing woman, wife and mother, Mama's Steel Magnolia birthday celebration, David's time in Africa, Robert's homecoming, being a part of answered prayers as Kelly finds her place in and then out of school with a wonderful job, times with my kindred spirits, watching my last 2 students getting to the place of being on their own, time spent at the ocean's edge, any time that is spent with Collin as he grows into the most extraordinary 3 year old in the world and no I am not saying that just because I am his KaKa.
I just read this New Year's prayer by a friend of mine and wanted to share it with anyone reading....



A New Calendar Prayer

by Michael B Henderson on Saturday, January 1, 2011 at 10:55am

I open a new calendar, Lord.

It lies flat, clean, crisp, pristine on my desk.

The days are numbered, and, as yet, have no markings in them. Each blank space an opportunity, something that can be filled.

Fill them with your grace, O Lord.

Let me see each one become a place, a time, where your love, your peace, your joy, your righteousness, your justice is made real in this new year.

Remind me to intentionally leave some blank, so that my days do not become so full that I have no time to reflect, no time to rest, no time just to be. Keep me from so much busyness , and allow me to commit, from time to time, the sin of the assembly-line- wasted time.

As the year progresses, Lord this calendar will become creased, marred, torn, stained with coffee-mug rungs. Let those things bring character not only to the calendar, but to this year, and to me.

Finally, when I put this calendar away 365 days from now, let me do so with love and gratitude for all you have done through the year.

This I pray in the name of the One who is beyond time, yet created time, even Jesus.

Amen.


and this I pray for each of you....

No comments: