Monday, February 04, 2008

Oh Really!?!?!

OK - I sit down to begin a little quiet time and prepare for the Beth Moore study this evening. Check my email first - big mistake!! There is an ad from Coldwater Creek. I have just decided in the past few months that I like their store and have added it to my list of favorites. Seems that they are advertising a new line of jeans. This catches my attention because outside of my pajamas - I would rather be in a pair of jeans any day!! But get this - the ad states - You won't believe the fit - thanks to cleverly concealed ShapeMe tummy panels - cotton with a touch of spandex for comfort all day. Alright, I really need to know to know if there is anyone out there besides me who has a 50-something body that understands what this means. First after you get into the jeans and zip up the cleverly concealed panel (which back in the 60's was referred to as a girdle that I clearly remember my mother wearing) and you start breathing again - well, doesn't your stomach start aching? Is this just my problem or is it universal? I tried one of the 10 pound slimmer swimsuits and I couldn't breathe or move in it - much less climb onto a jet ski!!!! So what I am concerned about - as much as I would love these slim-down jeans, I see this as an instant source of pain and discomfort, and the worst part - the flab that you are trying to oh so cleverly conceal really just moves right up and becomes a "muffin top"!! I am going back to Chicos where my size is a 1.5 which makes me feel wonderful, and they have those awesome stretchy travelers pants where I feel like I am in my pj's all day!! Besides, we have stock in Chicos and they are really needing some help right now!! Did this post make sense to anyone out there at all???? KB

5 comments:

JeanMac said...

Sadly, yes, it made sense:)

Cheryl Nichols said...

Definitely! Muffin Top- Wow! hadn't thought of it that way. Good description.
Cheryl

Carolinian in Texas said...

Yes, it makes sense to me too. Unfortunately there are too many muffins all over my body for these to do any good...lol.

JeanMac said...

I loved your slide show - beautiful!

Angela Baylis said...

Oh my goodness, I just turned 46 yesterday and oh, how I can relate! I have a secret blog that I started (and haven't touched) that is called, "Suzy Q's and Muffin Tops". I was addicted to Suzy Q's in my younger days. ... and I don't think I need to explain the muffin tops again, you did it perfectly! I don't like it!

See you in San Antonio! :)
Love,
Angie xoxo