Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Kelly


Happy Birthday Kelly - our little potato chip!! You have just had your 22nd birthday, and it seems like yesterday that I brought you home on a cold, cold, wintry Charleston day. MaMa was waiting at home for us, MeMe and Aunt Melanie had brought Kaiti home - all ready to meet you!! The years that followed have to be the most fun that I have ever had. I don't know anyone who has given me more joy and laughter. I laughed all weekend watching all of the old home videos. You and your sister made us a family. You made us parents, and taught us so much about what loving and living is all about. I know that the past 5 years have been such a challenge for all of us - but especially you. You know that I have prayed one prayer constantly through all of this for your healing physically, emotionally and spiritually. Our prayers are being answered as this is written. You have been without pain since Dec.14. Emotionally you are becoming strong, independent and confident. Spiritually, I am watching as God is using you in such powerful ways - to disciple a young woman you just met, to minister to a woman that God put in your path in the Sunglass Hut today. You have been gifted with all of the passion, compassion and skills that are needed to become a nurse. Your goals have been set for a long, long time. I know how difficult it has been to put all of those goals on hold, to miss out on the typical college experience, to have to be at home with your parents so that you had support and medical care close by. I know how rough it has been spending days on end at the hospital instead of out having fun with friends your age. We are so proud of how you have persevered when most of us would have called it quits. We are proud of the daughter, the sister, the granddaughter, the sister-in-law and the aunt that you are. Now, it is time for you to fly!!!



2 comments:

JeanMac said...

Happy Birthday, Kelly.

annette said...

Hey Kathy.
I've had trouble posting comments. Just got a new computer and it isn't set all right to allow popups or something. Anyway, just wanted you to know we'll be coming in Friday about 1 to Jacksonville. I wanted to email you but in the transition, I have lost my email addresses also. Not fun changing computers. At any rate, I need to talk so if you could email me, that would be great when you can. I am coming with my sister, so it should be fun, and I can't wait to see you and your family. I am so happy for Kelly and her deliverance from migraines. I sure would like my son to meet her. She's a doll. Don't you love meddling moms...We'll go see Greg on Thursday then head up to Jacksonville on Friday. I can't wait! Has she decided between Jacksonville North Carolina for schools? HAPPY BIRTHDAY KELLY!
awgeffert@gmail.com Love, Annette