Sunday, April 06, 2008

What a Week!!!!













So it has been awhile since I have been able to post on here. What a week!! Wednesday, a week ago - March 26th, David flew up to NC to be with Kaiti when Robert left. Robert deployed on Thursday. Thanks to each of you who are praying for his safety!! Friday morning, I dropped Walker off for boarding and headed to Jacksonville for the Beth Moore conference. We had a group of 15 Sonshine State Siestas that made it safely in unbelievable traffic from Tampa to Jacksonville. What should have been a 3 hour drive took some of us 7 hours!! AND...a dear new friend who I had only met by way of the blogging siestas, Annie's Eyes, flew in from Texas with her sister. Meeting them, spending a few precious hours with them made this weekend so very special. Who but our Lord could put relationships like this into place? But it was worth it!! Beth's scripture just happened to be my "life verse" - when I saw this on the huge screen as Friday evening's session was beginning I couldn't believe it....

Pressing on Toward the Goal - Philippians 3:12-14

12
Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
So I am not looking back - I am not wasting energy on what could have been. The future is always in front of us - so face forward and meet Christ!! If we keep looking backwards we will miss all that God has for us!! So Siestas - face forward and run!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh how I wish I could of been there with you and the other siestas! God is so good as the theme is right where I am right now. Can't look back...
I am so glad your week was so blessed.

Technonana said...

Kathy... so I was browsing some of my favorite blogging siestas and I found you!! It's wonderful to meet you!! I see that we have much in common!! I join you in prayer for your son-in-law, and for all of your family while he is away!! I have a brother who lives in Tampa, I will try to put him on to your blog!! Wrapping loving arms around you and your family in the name of Christ!!