Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Heroes


Definition of a HERO
a man admired for his achievements and noble qualities : one that shows great courage: an object of extreme admiration and devotion

Our heroes today are young men and women who are willing to put their lives on the line for what they believe in, for our country and its people, to protect our freedom and even the freedom of those on foreign soil. One of these heroes is my son-in-law, a marine pilot. He will be leaving this week for a 7 month stay in Iraq. Please pray with us every single day for his safety and the safety of those serving with him. Gracious God, We pray for our soldiers. Let your grace be a protective shield, guarding them from harm and keeping them close to your love and compassion. May we always remember that they are the ones who face the horrors and dangers of war first-hand. Help us honor them for their courage and care for them when there is damage to their bodies or spirit. When they are lonely and afraid, and long to be with those whom they love, fill their hearts with the sure knowledge of your presence at all times, in war and peace. Let them feel, O God, deep in their hearts, that your love is always there—boundlessly, unconditionally, and eternally. Amen.

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

5 comments:

christine said...

I have had all of you on my mind all week and am praying for all--especially Kaiti and Robert. Please continue to let us know how they are doing and if there is anything else we can do to support them.

Carolinian in Texas said...

I second Christine's comment. You have all been in my thoughts and prayers. I am so glad that Kelly and David will be there for Kaiti and that you will be there soon. Please send Robert's address, so we can send him Care packages.

JeanMac said...

Count me in.

annette said...

What a week you have had. I am so glad you got word that Robert got there safely, and I will continue to pray for each of you. I am so thankful to each of you for Robert's service to our country, knowing he'd love to be right with you all during this most amazing time with his son and wife. It breaks my heart, and yet it is so sweet. It humbles me so much in gratitude for HEROES indeed. Love to you, Annette

Unknown said...

A beautiful post. My sister's sister inlaw's husband is coming home from Afghanistan soon. He's been gone more than a year. He was able to come home at Christmas for a brief time and he was a quiet man. A changed man that is for sure. I pray for all that are serving our country each and every day and now I have another name to add and that is Robert. Love you like a Siesta!
Donna