Saturday, March 15, 2008

Hats!!!



Last night our little group of YaYas went to see the musical, Hats, at the Performing Art Center in Tampa. What a hoot!! What a great way to spend an evening together. We had seen Menopause the Musical together last year, and that was definitely a great evening, too. We have all been "mysteriously" brought together from different walks in life and areas of Tampa Bay to work in several ministries. We are the remnants of the local Chrysalis charter board, have worked Emmaus and Via de Cristo weekends together. We are bonded together through Christ and are fellow prayer warriors. All of us are 50+ except for dear Sally who is counting the days until she reaches that milestone in life. The whole hat thing was getting to me. When I was young I absolutely LOVED hats. Easter hats and gloves were just the norm for a little girl growing up in the south. I even wore a big hat when I got married - can you believe that!?! I loved it - had a long veil attached to the back. And it was different...so last night looking at the red hats - I am thinking that I could do this, but not the hat - and our group is not the froo-froo hat type. So I was thinking of an alternative and found the perfect one!! Maybe we will wear the hats after all!!

5 comments:

JeanMac said...

That is so perfect and cool - wear it with pride:)

annette said...

I love hats, too! It takes a little attitude to wear one, and I like that too! Yours is perfect.

12 days...Jacksonville here we come!!!

Mamaw in Charleston said...

OK - GREAT blog - I read this all the time so I can keep up with you and all your activities! Have to comment on the hats. Just take out a charter and become a Red Hatters group - that suggestion comes from the Queen Mother, no less, of the Jet Setters Hatters in Charleston! And our hats - does it surprise you that they are red baseball caps with red sequins sewn on? Shouldn't! We are a silly, fun, loving, compassionate, Christian, caring, - did I say silly? - group of 'mostly' over 50-s some more over than others - and we have a FANTASTIC TIME! Have a great weekend with Beth - will be thinking of you all, Mamaw in Charleston

Anonymous said...

DE COLORES!!! I served on Tres Dias in Tampa Bay, and I'm currently involved in Emmaus and Via de Cristo communities in Central Indiana. I'd love to hear more about your 4th day experiences. Stop by my blog if you have a minute and share.

Mamaw in Charleston said...

How fantastic to come onto a blog of spiritual renewal family! My husband and I attended this fantastic Emmaus weekend 17 years ago on weekends 5 and 6 in the Lowcountry of SC community. We both served on several weekends, sponsored many pilgrims, including our daughters on chrysalis, and have had just an unbelievable 4th day - continually for 17 years! since that time, we have both retired from our jobs at age 62 - my husband has gone into the ministry as a 'retirement career' in the United Methodist church. This weekend - as we speak, we have two 'sponge-type' pilgrims on Lowcountry Emmaus walk #65. These ladies worship in the two country churches my husband serves - God is so so good - all the time! After our fantastic weekend 17 years ago - never thought I'd say the 4th days are the best part of the renewal! Talk about being set free! allelujia!!