Thursday, July 03, 2008

Thankful



I have been in a Towanda state of mind all week - things just haven't been going exactly as I had planned. Customer service is definitely not in vogue any longer. I have run into roadblocks, rude people, delays, "NO", and lots of waiting during that "window of time" for estimators, installers, etc. So this evening, with some time on my hands I start going through David's pictures from Uganda. Upload - download, photoshop...and then...I see this picture. I keep going back to it. I zoom in on it. I crop it and zoom again. I close my eyes and I still see this tiny, beautiful little girl standing in line with her cans to get water. Water - a basic human need. She should be in school, or better yet - out playing somewhere. But she is standing in line - barely clothed with her cans in her hand. I keep going through pictures and find her again. This time - her face. And...it is such a serious face on a little child. Thank you, Jesus, that this time she is getting clean water. Water that won't make her sick. Thank you to all who help with Water Missions to bring this beautiful child pure water to drink and maybe even play in. Thank you to those who bring her the message of the Living Water that will change her life for eternity.


2 comments:

Carolinian in Texas said...

Awesome! We do take water so much for granted. I am so thankful for David, Bill and all the others who are involved with Water Missions. What an outstanding program.

always a yankee said...

Am I now considered a YA YA?

Great pictures and even better thoughts. Would love to talk to David about his trip. Would be great material for future presetations for WMI Speaker's Bureau.