Wednesday, August 06, 2008

On the road again...

We are loaded up and ready to ride!! Early in the morning we are heading north to Charleston to move Kelly into an apartment. She starts nursing school in a couple of weeks at Charleston Southern. This is the BIG move out - all of a sudden we have an empty bedroom. Marilyn, I guess that is yours. The pantry has been cleaned out, and my car can come back into the garage!! We had a great group of guys from church come over to load her up. And another group from my nephews church down the road is going to meet us on the other end. So we leave tomorrow as three, and come home to just the two of us again. I know that's how things are supposed to happen, but it doesn't make it any easier. This move and change in Kelly's life is the answer to several years of intense prayer, great doctors, great friends and an awesome support group that has loved and been there for all of us. But most of all - a God who has heard and answered our prayers for Kelly. Kaiti and Collin are meeting us for the weekend - we are seeing old friends throughout the weekend, and have a wedding on Saturday at our former church. Sunday after church - we are heading over to my Mom's. On Monday - I am in store for such a sweet treat!!! I am meeting Technonana and a dear friend who has connected with her for lunch. So after months of only talking online and by phone - we are meeting - up close and personal!! Can't wait!! Then back in another UHaul to load up furniture from Sumter, and we are on the road for home - again!! So keep us in your prayers, and especially continue to pray for Kelly. Updates to follow....

5 comments:

Carolinian in Texas said...

My gosh, she really did have a bunch of stuff. I thought y'all were kidding about needing a POD. I wish Kelly the best you know how much I love her) and pray for a great experience for her. Praying for safe travel for you and David also. Love you guys.

Technonana said...

Be safe my friend... we will be praying for all of you as Kelly sets out on The Big Adventure!!
I can't wait either!!!
Love you, Sweet Friend!!!

Cheryl Nichols said...

I'm trying hard not to be jealous! K, there really is shagging on the pier Friday night!! What do ya think? We'll touch base tommorrow. I can't wait to see and hear what God is doing in my sweet Kelly's life.Talk soom.Love and prayers,Cheryl

Technonana said...

hey.. my friend... loved our lunch together.... Joy and I really have much to talk about... can't wait until next time!!

Anonymous said...

Many prayers for Kelly and for her new adventure. I am so thankful for her healing from migraines and for this new phase of her life. I will email you the rest...Love you, Annette