Sunday, August 03, 2008

What Our Country Needs

As the time for the election in November draws ever closer, I find myself being more and more concerned about our country and where we are heading. I am patriotic to the point of tears. I find it hard to breathe when I put my hand over my heart and pledge my allegiance to this country. I have family fighting for our freedom as I write this. I have family who have died for our freedom. I have protested in my younger years, and am not afriad to do that again - because I have that freedom. I dont want to lose the religious and personal freedoms that have been granted to me as an American citizen. I do want my daughters and their families to grow up with same freedoms that I have been privileged to enjoy all of my life. I want them to live in a safe country. I believe that we are teetering on the brink of change - change that may not ensure that these freedoms remain in place. I believe that we have to journey prayerfully into this political season. This song is my mantra over the next several months
"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."2 Chronicles 7:14


4 comments:

christine said...

Well said, Kathy. I,too,have great concerns, but am confident that we serve a Mighty God and there is nothing that will happen that does not first pass through His hands. keep praying, as will I.

JeanMac said...

Profound post -

Anonymous said...

I am praying with you, for our country, for our families, for our freedom. Your words ring true to my heart. Love, Annette

Technonana said...

Preach on my siesta... preach on!!! I have been praying and encouraging others to do the same!! I know my God is in control, but I also know that it takes mighty prayer warriors to change hearts and minds!!!