Friday, June 15, 2007

Almost There...

Well - tomorrow is almost here, and WE ARE ALMOST THERE!!!! I am almost in that hammock right there. We leave Tampa early tomorrow morning so that we can be on Edisto Island by 3pm - Thank you God for getting us to this very time and place. Two weeks ago - we just weren't even planning on being able to take this vacation. I am so very excited that my ADD self is about to come undone!! Today has been spent with doctors all day - but we are getting out of here!! This is going to be the very first annual week of THE CAMP OF THE KINDRED SPIRITS - do you even believe it - we are going to be with friends from years and years ago - friends that have remained close in spite of time and distance between us. And...my Mom, aka The Steel Magnolia, is coming down to spend several days with us. My brother is driving her down and my sister is coming to get her. This means that I get to visit with both of them, too. Now, you can be sure that TSM thought that she should be "allowed" to drive her 85 year-old self almost 3 hours to the beach, but this way we get in more family visiting!! You just haven't lived until you spend a week boating, shrimping, crabbing, reading, sunning, eating, digging in the sand, bike-riding, watching the sunrise on the east coast, eating, shopping, boating, talking, kissing babies, laughing, eating, doing puzzles, watching movies, playing games, eating - resting...resting...resting. Next year we will be adding a week of Granny Camp. Now I am off to finally getting around to packing. More later...

2 comments:

Connie Barris said...

So inviting...

I'm glad you are enjoying your precious time with the Lord... in His beautiful country.

Your ADD self.. I can so relate..

blessings

Rhea said...

It sounds fantastic. Have a blast.