Saturday, June 02, 2007

From Friday Afternoon

1 Chronicles 5:19-21 (New International Version)
20 because they cried out to him during the battle. He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him.
I have been home a couple of hours. So I am writing this while I am awake and not totally drugged up. When we met with the surgeon around 6:45 this morning, he said that after reviewing the MRI from yesterday that we needed to proceed with the biopsies, that this was definitely a solid mass, not the hemangioma. Before going in, they did a couple more runs through the CAT scan, and got started. The solid mass was no longer solid. The cells that they were looking for couldn’t be found. The surgeon went in 6 times to retrieve what he was sure were cancer cells. What should have been 20 minutes - was over an hour. When they finally finished, Dr. Heyke looked down at me and said, “I am so surprised. I am so relieved.” The preliminary report is that this is not cancer. My doctor will have the final report on Tuesday, and I have an appt on Wednesday. I thank each of you for your prayers from my toes to the top of my head (which is dealing with a major case of bedhead right now)!! The doctors involved know that this was “divine intervention”.
On another note - when offered pain medication don’t try and be brave - it really isn’t worth it!!Thanks again for praying - God heard you!!Kathy

Added note - the idea I had of doing liposuction while they are doing something else - FORGET IT!! If sucking out a few nasty, errant, deviant cells felt like it did - then there is no way that I am going to do even 1 pound of liposuction!!!

Note to readers - to leave a comment just click where it says YaYas said

1 comment:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Sister - I have been praying for you. God reminded me the other day as i was opening my refrig... maybe it had to do with thoughts of lipo myself!! ha ha

I am so excited and am just praising Him!!

Have a wonderful week!!

Leigh