Thursday, May 31, 2007

All Surprises aren't Good Ones

He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in
the shadow of the Almighty.

I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress, my
God, in whom I trust.

Psalm 91:1-2

OK - today was one crazy day!! God is taking me on this journey, and I trust completely that He is walking every step of the way with me. I am learning so much, and gaining such an understanding and insight into what so many people live with day in and day out. Today started with an hour long drive to have an MRI done STAT, so that I could walk away with the films and a report. The purpose - the surgeon was really hoping that the foreign "masses" on the liver were hemangiomas, and that all of this worrying was needless. The MRI let us know that there are actually 3 masses instead of 2, and they are indeed tumors. The MRI took 90 minutes - I know - not a big deal, but it was - I just wasn't prepared at all mentally for the whole process - and if you know me at all, then you know that being perfectly still for 90 minutes was exhuasting, no music - AGHHHHH! But it's over, and we know more than we did yesterday. A friend who has walked this path, drove in from Jacksonville to spend the day with me. What a gift!! Another friend shared the scripture above, another friend brought dinner over - I still really struggle with being on the receiving and accepting gracefully end of this - it is foreign territory for me. So pray for David because he has the waiting to do tomorrow, pray for steady hands for the surgeon, and patience for me. Pray that God will continue to bless me with the good health that I have taken for granted for years. I can make the deal to turn on the treadmill when this is all over....but no deals necessary, I know that my God answers prayers, and I know that the prayer warriors are working overtime!! So dear friends, thank you in advance for your prayers that cover tomorrow!!

3 comments:

christine said...

Kathy,
I hope you are sleeping now as I am sure you have an early day tomorrow. We will be praying diligently and are already believing with you that God is in control. I was really good to talk with you last night; you have been in my thoughts all day. We love you and will await good news tomorrow.
Chris

Joan said...

Loving you...

Maggie

Susanne said...

Hi Kathy,
I read about you on Maggie's blog, and came on over to check on you. I will be praying for you during this difficult time. My best friend was diagnosed witha radical form of breast cancer last fall. She just finished her second round of chemo and is recovering from her hystorectomy. God has been so faithful through it all, mostly because she continues to give Him all the praise and all the glory for every single second of her life. She is such an inspiration to me, my hero really. I tell you all this to say, never give up! Never. Ever!! God knows the plans he has for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you...plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE!!
Take care now, and God bless!!!