Friday, May 11, 2007

A Perfect Day-print by Steven Jordan

I have someone helping me with my website - she emailed me today and asked me a simple question so that she could get in my head and get to know me better...at first I just thought no big deal, then I began to answer her email...I soon realized that this really put my life into perspective, and there was no easy answer at all...after thinking about it - this is what I sent back - now - this is not one of those chainquizzes get to know your neighbor - it is something I did today during some rare quiet time...after I watched the Beth Moore dvd again - this whole thing has really stuck with me all day - so take some time if you have it, and do this for yourself - share it with someone else...enjoy having a perfect day - at least in your heart...kb
then David just comes in and asks me - "Think about it - what do you want your days to be like in 10 years?" woa...


this is what i wrote...
the perfect day - wow, that just takes off in so many different directions - i think that because of the many facets of my ordinary life - so there would or could be several perfect days BUT right now...

this may sound strange to some folks, but right now - today would be more than perfect if Guillermo, an incredible 4th grader who recently moved here from Puerto Rico, walked through the door this afternoon - and when we began to work on spelling and writing - he would be able to write just one 5 sentence paragraph without a struggle for letters and words. This child is brilliant, but getting it from his brain through his arm out through his hand and fingers onto a piece of paper or even a computer screen is a wall that we can't seem to climb over right now.

another most perfect day would be simple - a beach, my chair, a glass of iced tea, a great novel, and my oldest kindred spirits on either side of me. one is several states away, one is watching from Heaven

another perfect day, and I have had so many of these - my husband/best friend, my 2 daughters and my son-in-law, Walker - the dog(well maybe not, since he doesn't quite weigh 5 pounds I think he would blow out of the boat)...racing down the river in the boat - sun shining, water spraying, headed to the marsh and time for shrimping,crabbing and sun...true perfection!!

another perfect day - just a little more time to spend with my mother who is still around, or a day with my daddy or father-in-law who have been gone too long...

a day in the near future I hope - waking up and knowing that David and I don't have to go to WORK, that our day can be spent helping someone, going to Africa, rescuing turtles, or running a session of Camp Granny YaYa

another perfect day - a doctor notifying me that a cure - not just a rescue treatment - had been found for my daughter's daily migraines -

...this is an incredible way to look at what is really important in your life..



1 comment:

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful choices! They all sound heavenly.

[I've added you to the blogroll]