Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Too Much in My Head

I don't even know where to start with this blog - I am so disappointed in some things around here...

first - Saturday evening we were coming home from having a Mother's Day dinner early, we pulled up to the intersection, there was a local pizza delivery car - i recognized the sign on top as being a pizza place owned by someone i know - the car was covered in rude and crude bumper stickers, and then on the driver's door - written in sharpie marker were messages with the "F word". Now, I am not a prude or easy shock at all, but this really lit a match under me - I called the phone number on top of the car, and asked to speak to a manager - he got on the phone, and after I very calmly explained what I was reading, he acknowledged that he knew exactly which car it was, and couldn't believe that this was a problem for me - I hadn't even ordered pizza, and I was probably one person out of a million that would be offended by what I was reading - CLICK!!!!! I emailed my friend who owns this company - no response yet....sad, sad, sad

then I am even more disappointed in myself - I thought I really had a handle on my "rush to judgement" problem...last week I pulled into the parking lot at church to pick up the Beth Moore dvds for our new Bible Study - out of the corner of my eye - I caught a glimpse of a window decal on a car - it said something about "body piercings" all I could think of was what kind of representation is that on someone's car that probably works for the church....blah, blah, blah, ...then on my way out, I thought I am looking at that again - try and figure out whose car that is...OK, did I get the wake up call - did I get hit in the face with shame and feeling ugly ugly - what the decal said was - Body Piercings Saved My Life - with a body "pierced to a cross" AGH!!!! the ugly, judgemental me had surfaced - I hate this, and I am so very, very sorry for being so quick to think the worst of someone....

BUT God is just so good - the Beth Moore group met for the 3rd time last night. This eclectic group of women is growing weekly. It is a precious group of women who God has called together "for such a time as this".

I am going through some medical issues right now, and really need to pray for patience in dealing with this - dealing with a diagnosis and being able to move on. I am such a "just do it now" person, and this is so tough for me. I know that I am making several wonderful doctors crazy!!!! So please pray for that if you are reading this.

I am just counting the days until this Thursday, when David and I leave for a long-awaited weekend away together.

And...most of all today - I am so excited - I have miraculously lost between 15-20 pounds!!!! Thanks Maggie!!

2 comments:

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

I am the same judgemental person as you were describing in your blgo... I constantly have to "check" myslef and my thoughts. Thank you for the reminder. I need to stay on top of all that!!!

Leigh Gray

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Oh and I forgot to ask for prayer. I am starting a Beth Moore group on thursday at my house. I have just moved here and these people have never heard of Beth Moore - can you believe that???

PLease pray for us!