Wednesday, May 30, 2007

More Surprises....Calm Spirits

Here my cry, O God;listen to my prayer.From the ends of the earth I call to you,I call as my heart grows faint;lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For you have been my refuge,a strong tower against the foe.I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.For you have heard my vows, O God;you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
Psalm 61:1-4

A friend sent me that scripture in the wee hours of this morning. It is that scripture that rolled around in my brain and spirit all morning - it is that scripture that God heard today in constant prayer from this crazy southern YaYa. No details needed - but not good news from the CAT scan that was mentioned in the last post. Our doctor actually came over to the house on Saturday to talk to us about the results. So yesterday was spent gathering records, films, etc - today God provided a wonderful lady - friend of a friend - who was able to put me in ahead of everyone else at 7 this morning to have a very indepth mammogram. I know what the doctors were expecting - guess what - my little bitty "girls" are CLEAN!!! SURPRISED?? not really - because I know who is in charge here. After that we were off to breakfast and hanging in the bookstore - great opportunity to buy babybooks to send to NC...at noon another meeting with a surgeon - found out I need an MRI tomorrow with the results before Friday am - this began to seem like an impossible task - my doctor's office got to work on it, and kept hitting walls - no one could do it - then a rep that was in the office overheard the conversation - he was there to let them know about his company - a diagnostic center not far away - he made a call, made arrangements for the MRI first thing in the morning...wow, how did that happen...SURPRISED??? - not really - because I know who is in charge here!! So today was exhausting - especially starting these days without even a cup of coffee - now, really, how are people supposed to funtion like that!?! So I am thanking God for answered prayers today, thanking all of the wonderful friends who have been calling and praying, and I am praying for all of the folks that I sat in waiting rooms with today.

2 comments:

Joan said...

Praise God. Continuing to pray.

Thanks for sharing your small miracles today!

Maggie
www.5purposedriven.wordpress.com

Alida Sharp said...

Thanks for your post. Praise God for your good news!