Thursday, October 25, 2007

Anything You Might Want!!

I am writing this today because I just have to share this now. I will update on the whole week when I get home on Saturday. I have to explain this photo. We arrived in Cashiers, NC on Friday afternoon, checked into both houses and settled in. Saturday, Kaiti and I went into town - pronounced Ca'-shers - accent 1st syllable, not Ca-sheers'...this was quickly pointed out to us by the 12 year old clerk at the local grocery store. We went into the only pharmacy in town looking for a hair dryer. I picked out a hair dryer - now this was easy since they only had 2, and they were both the same. As I am standing in line to pay for my purchase - just in front of the Pepsi machine - I couldn't help but notice that right where you drop off your prescription, you can also buy a shot-gun, a rifle (the kind with a site gauge) a hand gun and any of the bullets that you would need to go with them. This isn't a very good picture - but the rifles and shotguns are in the background. I am really trying to understand how this could work - you fill prescriptions for Zanax, Prozac, etc. and sell guns at the same time, at the same counter - hmmmm, go figure. So that was the highlight of Saturday, and the days that have followed have been peaceful, restful and refreshing for all of us. More later.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't you love old "mayberry" style towns?! I do. When the cast performed in Laurens I thought it was rather interesting that the theater (Capital) was located in the back of a cafe! LOL Anyway, I love the simplicity of that time in todays so many choices kind of world.

Changes in the wind said...

This is truly rural......enjoy:)

Carolinian in Texas said...

Ahhhhh..don't you just love it???? I thought Kaiti was coming up there this weekend. How is she doing? Did you take pictures? I hope you are relaxing and come back ready to tackle whatever confronts you. Love you all...miss you all...say "hey" to the family for me....K

JeanMac said...

It's a different world in places we visit. Def. not a good combo at the pharmacy. I found your hair dryer write up amusing to me. Life should be so simple always:)

JeanMac said...

I found the hair dryer story amusing - life should be so simple. The pharmacy combo doesn't sound so wise.
Wrote a comment and it vaporised. Don't know what I did.

annette said...

I was a little worried about you before, but this is not a good combination. You are so funny, though, I have to laugh at what might be going through your mind as you assess the situation. Hmmm--one stop shopping. Can't wait to hear all about your mountain adventures. Love, A

annette said...

Already commented once, but I would love to hear what you all do as family traditions, especially with that new bundle of joy coming soon! You'll probably have some new ones also. Anyway, stop by and see a few of my own and please consider sharing some of yours. Here's the link: http://annieseyes.blogspot.com/2007/10/its-family-tradition.html Love, annie

Angela Baylis said...

That was amazing! Who would think? Hey- I wanted to thank you for responding to Annies Eyes about the family traditions! I really enjoyed reading it! Thank you for sharing!

Not sure if you remember me... my son is the one who was moving to South Carolina, transfering from Michigan State. (He has decided to wait until grad school to transfer. As his mother, I am happy!)

Hope you are doing well!
Love,
Angie

Angela Baylis said...

p.s. I LOVE your signature! :)

Connie Barris said...

I bet the crime rate is low...

they are too happy to shoot anyone..being on prozac and all...

too funny