Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Sad News to Celebrate


Another steel magnolia is gone, but she is playing music in heaven!!

Picture



Miss Lucie Anne, my mom's neighbor and "siesta", died this past Sunday. She was a member of First Baptist Church and was the first ordained female deacon. She taught the Winsome Sunday School Class for a number of years and currently was the teacher for the Ruth Sunday School Class. She taught a Beth Moore Bible study in her home. She retired as a music and chorus teacher after teaching half of the junior high students in my home town. What a blessing it was to have Miss Lucie Anne share the Beth Moore weekend with my mom and my two daughters last April in Columbia!! I now, more than ever, realize what a sweet, precious gift that weekend was for each of us. I pray that my generation will be able to rise up and be the women of faith and strength that these women have been for a lifetime.

Psalm 116:15Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful tribute to a godly woman. I am so glad that God allowed you all to have that sweet precious time together that weekend praising God together in Columbia. What a masterpiece!

annette said...

I can't wait to meet her in heaven. Our generation needs some "Miss Lucie Anns" for sure. Sweet tribute for such a saint of the Lord. Sending my prayers for you and your mom, especially. Love,Annie