Tuesday, January 01, 2008

and it's another New Year

So here we are - today is the first day of 2008. My prayer is that this year is a year of health for my loved ones. And YES!! I did eat my hoppin' john and collard greens just to make sure that this is the very best of years. This is a year of becoming grandparents. For David and me, this is a year to begin moving from success to significance. Read the book - Halftime by Bob Buford. http://www.halftime.org/ We are becoming more and more involved in WaterMissions International - http://www.watermissions.org/ I really do see this as the realization of a lifelong passion for David. It's time to clean out and simplify our lives physically and emotionally. It is time to move from two storage units of STUFF to just one. It is time to put down the treadmill and use it twice each day. It's time to give up some sugar - well, maybe not, it's the sweet tea that really poses a problem there. It's time to get serious -I mean real serious about my quiet time. Why, why do I have such difficulty doing this - I know that I need to, I know that if I restructured my day I could do this - but then I have so many interruptions or life happenings that are unplanned and jump right in the way. So this year - once again, I am aspiring to spend more quiet time with my God, more time working on becoming a woman of God - trying to lose the amount of time that Towanda seems to come and inhabit my being. It's time to get face down and pray, really pray for the safety of my son-in-law as he prepares to head to Iraq for seven months - flying a plane that only a few guys know how to pilot. It's time to have faith in God that He will hold Kaiti and Collin close and protect them while Robert is away. It is time to slowly untie the cords that hold Kelly close - they were completely undone before, and letting go a second time is so much harder. This year I am going to reread The Little Prince once again... Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le cœur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
This will be a new year of more faith, a growing faith, celebrations, worship, study, old friends, new friends, new life, prayers for healing, more travel - more important travel, longer work hours, more productive work hours, more time for family near and far, continuing our Monday night ladies group, enjoying more time with the Steel Magnolia, probably another remodeling project - yes, I have lost my mind!! And now - send in some good ideas for what our baby Collin should call me...I am having a tough time with that one. Anything that I like - no one else likes. And in the meantime....
But the land...is a land...which the Lord they God careth for: the eyes of the Lord thy God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year. Deuteronomy 11:11-12

3 comments:

Michael and Christina said...

Michael's parents and some of their friends are "Grammy" and "Papa." I like it :)

Michael and Christina said...

Michael's parents are "Grammy" and "Papa." I like it.

JeanMac said...

Oh, oh, another remodeling project!