Saturday, January 17, 2009

Pressing on...

After reading Beth's post and challenge on scripture memory at the beginning of January I made a commitment to participate. To hold myself accountable, I am going to post the verses on my blog on the 1st and 15th.
I started out with my "life verse" on Jan.1 because it is my all time favorite, and holds more meaning to me than any other verse. It has since my Emmaus weekend in 1992. I realized then, that Christ would hold me up, pick me up - no matter what happened as I pressed on toward the final goal.
12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:12-14




No comments: