Sunday, January 25, 2009

A Very Late Wordless Wednesday - well almost...

I grew up surrounded by music...it is in my soul and always has been. I started playing the piano when I was a preschooler. My parents saved and bought our first piano when I was old enough to take lessons in1st grade. My very first job was as a church organist to a couple of churches in our small town. Best job in town was the organist for a funeral home. So, anytime I hear the sound of the pipe organ in the National Cathedral -I am speechless - there are no words. I couldn't find recordings of the song that I heard on Wednesday - Holy,Holy,Holy -but when it came on the radio I had to pull over to listen. Amazing how we can be in a spirit of worship as we praise and raise hands with contemporary music, and at the same time can hear an old standard like Holy, Holy, Holy and be brought to the very same place in our soul.

No comments: