Monday, July 09, 2007

One of my new Siestas from the LPM blog, Donna Carolina Gal (of course it was the name that grabbed me - you know, Carolina Girl best in the world) has tagged me to enter 5 things I dig about Jesus!

Wow - where do I even start with this one!?!?!

1) I start with the gift of life - Eternal Life - this promise is and has been so important to me for as long as I can remember. My Dad died when I was 13, and it was this promise that I could believe and KNOW!!

2) I dig the man, Jesus, because he was an ordinary man living in an ordinary world, but at the very same time - He was extraordinary, changing the very ordinary world into the extraordinary - changing the lives of all who lived and would come after - changing my life forever and eternity.

3) I really dig the way that He taught us to love unconditionally.

4) I am completely overwhelmed, in awe of, inspired by the words, the lessons, the actions of this Man.

5) I am in a constant state of excitement and anticipation about what He is doing in my life every single day. It is one great adventure!!

Anita, Chris, Kerry, DeDe, Christina consider yourself tagged!!

10 comments:

Joan said...

Love all the sun shine skin pics! I need a tan!

Maggie

Jesus Girl said...

I love your blog title. I love your gentle words. I, too, am an LPM Siesta. Your blog picture is great! Nice design.

I was tagged, too! Hard to limit ourselves to five things isn't it? Yeah, what a great adventure--Take it to the limit!

Connie Barris said...

I can't imagine losing my dad at that age...Of course, in a sense, I did through divorce..

So knowing our Savior is just such a healing force...

awesome Kathy...

blessings

Jesus Girl said...

You'll love this! The coast. I'm less than five minutes from the ocean.

We love Charleston. I went to a couple of Women of Faith conferences there and when I was young my Momma used to love to go shoppin' in Charleston.

Would love for you to read the book! I'm working fast and furious. I'll keep you posted.

Jesus Girl said...

How cool is that? Wouldn't be Jacksonville would it?

Where is she being deployed to?

Jesus Girl said...

YES! Only about fifty-five miles. My Gramma lived there over thirty years before we had to put her in a nursing home, where she still resides at age 102 1/2. I travelled to Jacksonville at least once a week for many years.

Until just recently NC Hwy 172 cut right through Camp Lejeune. I've gone that way thousands of times. And, my Daddy used to be part owner of a rental toilet business. I used to go with him to clean the toilets when the soldiers were doing maneuvers!

WOW! I think it's a big world, but we serve a God that likes to bring His Church together in fun ways!!!!

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Love it girl - hope you are doing well.

Jesus Girl said...

Miss you, YaYa. Come back soon! :(

Jesus Girl said...

Yes, I think we could easily arrange that!! I would love to meet you, face-to-face--awesome!

Darla said...

5 things we love about Jesus, is hard to limit...I did it too! I love your page, and still trying to figure out how to get different things to post on it...haha I will eventually figure it out or ask my kids..they probably know. :) had to come check your blog out..God Bless!