Tuesday, July 24, 2007
So please continue to pray, and I will update from NC!!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Thursday, July 19, 2007
Thursday I was back at the hospital for a quick in and out female surgery. This little trip has been planned for two months, postponed because of the liver malfunction. I was in at 5AM, totally knocked out, had surgery, went through recovery for a couple of hours, and was tucked in at home by 10:30. The "hoverers" were ever-present and kept me down and out all of Thursday and most of Friday. I am still lacking energy which is making this over-active, ADD adult CRAZY!!! I have definitely caught up on lots of sleep and movies and Beth Moore homework. I got a call today to be at the doctor tomorrow - so I am praying once again that the results from the biopsy is good news. Now the rest of last Friday deserves its very own post, so that will follow.
I really do need someone to tell me how to drop these links in without writing out the link. I see lots of blogs doing that with just highlighted names, etc. So if someone can enlighten me just go right ahead!! Thanks. and just remember to pray because this is going to be two long weeks...long for those of us left behind to do the praying, quick and too short for those ministering in Kenya.
Monday, July 09, 2007
One of my new Siestas from the LPM blog, Donna Carolina Gal (of course it was the name that grabbed me - you know, Carolina Girl best in the world) has tagged me to enter 5 things I dig about Jesus!
Wow - where do I even start with this one!?!?!
1) I start with the gift of life - Eternal Life - this promise is and has been so important to me for as long as I can remember. My Dad died when I was 13, and it was this promise that I could believe and KNOW!!
2) I dig the man, Jesus, because he was an ordinary man living in an ordinary world, but at the very same time - He was extraordinary, changing the very ordinary world into the extraordinary - changing the lives of all who lived and would come after - changing my life forever and eternity.
3) I really dig the way that He taught us to love unconditionally.
4) I am completely overwhelmed, in awe of, inspired by the words, the lessons, the actions of this Man.
5) I am in a constant state of excitement and anticipation about what He is doing in my life every single day. It is one great adventure!!
Anita, Chris, Kerry, DeDe, Christina consider yourself tagged!!
Monday, July 02, 2007
29Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Way back when - when we lived in SC, I began collecting birdhouses. Several weeks ago, I cleared out some of the houses, and put two of my favorites on the top shelf of the baker's rack on our screened porch. On Friday I left the screen door propped open so that Walker (cutest little Yorkie you have ever seen, named of course after George Walker Bush) could get in and out. Friday evening when we were outside grilling David noticed that there were two little birds inside the the screen. After getting them out - they came back in - went out - came back in. We started watching what they were doing - these little birds were going in and out of one of the birdhouses making a nest!!! We have watched them all weekend, and the birdhouse is almost full of nesting. Now, we are leaving the door open for our little bird friends. This has just been amazing - how did they even find their way onto our porch, how did they find this little birdhouse, how do they know to keep on coming back? If God can take care of these little birds, find them a place to live, give them such a sense of direction that they can come back day after day to complete their task - why would we ever doubt that He can take care of our needs?? This has been God's message to us, a reminder of what He can do in even the simplest of situations.