Friday, August 24, 2007

Nice Really Does Matter!!


Yes!! Nice really does matter!! It is so refreshing to spend some quiet time each day visiting with friends who make the world a nicer place to be through their blogs and through their daily lives in their homes, families and communities. A big thank you to Annie's Eyes for the award!! What a surprise - and it is so appreciated because it comes from a new friend and siesta!! Pay it Forward - if only the world around us WOULD pay it forward. So, now I am going to send this on to two very special people today. First - my nephew, (married to my niece) Phillip. He is a youth minister at North Point Community Church. Read his blog - read his heart. But right now, pray for Phillip and Anita - they are flying to Kenya today to be a part of a team that will provide a retreat for Kenyan ministers.
And then...take a read over at Jesus Girl's blog. Anyone in their 50's who have been put in the position of caring for their parents will identify with what's going on in her life. Add to that the excitement of writing a book!!! Her faith never dims as she adjusts to life with Dad. Nice DOES matter - it matters in how we treat our family members, who we are in the workplace, and who we are when no one we know is watching.
I still can't get the method of inserting a link without typing the whole thing out - any help would be appreciated - I don't want to delete my entire blog again...nevermind - YES!!!!! I did it!!!! and it actually works....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

A well deserved award for sure! You really do show that nice does matter! I am thankful for my new friend/siesta and that is you!

Jesus Girl said...

Vanity doth go before a fall, but I want everyone--EVERYONE to know I am not in my fifties!!!!! But thanks for the accolades anyway, K. I love ya Siesta.

Connie Barris said...

You are so deserving of this Nice Award... I can feel the Nice seeping through the computer..

BIG SMILE

annette said...

I laughed until I cried as you told me about your girls' experiences with missy prissy school. Thanks for this thought-provoking post, and nice does permeate through the written word. There are a few people you just know you'd hit it off with the second you met and you are one of those to me. Wished we could go grab a cup of coffee some time. Annette

Unknown said...

Hey, where are you? I miss you!