Thursday, August 02, 2007

Random Information

OK - quick, quick post before I head to Tampa - it is raining, raining here!! Just thought I would share this random thought as this oh so very special time comes to an end - the ONE good thing about David being in Africa is that HERE in my house I can finally turn the AC down to the low, low 70's!!! The windows stay fogged up, but who cares!! photo of fogged up window on the side...I have not had to listen to several generations coming through with - "are we cooling all of Hillsborough County???"- " who keeps turning the AC down?" - "it is cold enough to hang meat in here!!" Hmmm - I am thinking that this just may be a type of generational bondage and sin according to Miss Beth in Breaking Free. Yes - the days of being cool in Florida are just about over...the nights of sleeping under the comforter - it was wonderful! So Saturday night it's back to glistening in the dark, and the standard "save the world and our electric bill" 78 degrees. Why oh why don't men experience any symptoms of menopause?

7 comments:

Carolinian in Texas said...

Love it, love it, love it. I live with 78 degress too, but not to save the world. It is because the older you get (I guess) the colder you become. I glisten day and night!

Unknown said...

You leaving me? TAMPA? Have a great trip. How long will you be gone? I'll miss you!

christine said...

We have this discussion all the time at my house, only I wait until Edgar is sleeping and turn on the ceiling fan and put an extra blanket on Edgar! I feel your pain. So glad your man is almost home though.

Connie Barris said...

Good question.... or why can't they just not argue with us when we want the air conditioning on 72.. and not complain when the power bill is almost $350 / month during the summer....

yes... I see your point...such a dilemma...

smiles...

Unknown said...

OK, I didn't realize you didn't live in SC now. What a dork I am!!! LOL
I will miss keeping up with you for I am forced to go on this cruise.... JK! LOL I am looking forward to it but regret that I may miss out some great things in your life my new Siesta! Thanks for all the well wishes and I will try and catch up when I return. Also, I have a AOL screen name of dandreacarolina if you ever see me online. Maybe we could 'chat'. I saw your address is a aol account. Any hoot, have a great week!

Carolinian in Texas said...

Just 177 days!!!!! I will have to get busy on the quilt for little lima bean. I don't have much time left...lol.

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

Hey girl - hang in there!! I know why men could not do menopause......... we could not handle them!!!!!!!!!!

hee hee

have a great day!