Friday, August 31, 2007

Nothing Could Be Finer...

OK siestas - I am headed home for the long weekend. Now, by home I mean that I am leaving Tampa, and headed north straight to South Carolina. If you haven't had the incredible experience of driving up I-95 into SC you just haven't lived. When you cross the state line into SC - you drive through these HUGE plantation style gates - I am not kidding - I will take pictures when we go through - I always wonder if people are afraid of getting locked in!!! Anyway, we have a very special wedding to attend Friday evening, then we are headed over to the Steele Magnolia's for the weekend. She is so excited that we are coming in, and will spend all day tomorrow cooking. Kaiti is driving down from NC after school and will meet us at my Mom's. Some of my family will be headed to Clemson for the weekend to be a part of the Bowden Bowl - for those of you not versed in college football - that's Clemson coached by son, Tommy Bowden - playing Florida State, coached by father Bobby Bowden. So that's my sister, all of her family and my brother and his family. My little family - David, Kelly and Kaiti are headed to Columbia on Saturday to watch the Carolina Gamecocks play. Nothing could be finer...
Well, it could be finer if my kindred spirits were going to be around. And then, on a happy, happy note - as in "clapping for Jesus" as a young friend of mine always says - there is going to be a Siesta gathering!! Can you even believe it's going to happen?? I have already gotten a ticket to go to San Antonio in that big state - wait, isn't that where a kindred spirit has moved???
If you are reading - please stop for a moment and pray for Phillip and Anita in Kenya, for our friends who have a piece of our hearts in Kenya, for wise decisions with Kelly's future and college decisions, for traveling mercies for us tomorrow, for siestas with troubled family relationships, for my health, for Robert as he flies the new Osprey, and for Kaiti and Lima Bean.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Hey! How does daughter like her blog...I never heard?

Unknown said...

I have never lived any where else but in South Carolina. Thank you for giving the state I live in such high praise! Love ya like a siesta!

annette said...

What a great trip to get to where you call home--it is perhaps the most beautiful area of the South.
Well, my Siesta, I am going to see you twice next year! Once on your turf and once on mine. God answers sweet little requests too of a cup of coffee together--and you are all in my prayers this evening. So many things--your plate is quite full. Healing, safety, missions, Kenyans, family, decisions, babies, and joy--counting it all joy.