Sunday, June 22, 2008

Here We Go Again!!


I have decided that every 12 years or so it would just be easier to move than to start remodeling, replacing, repairing the current house. We are getting ready to recarpet the 4 bedrooms upstairs and replace the hall - bedroom entry with wood. Do you realize that to do this everything has to come out of each room?? AND that would include the closet floors!?!?! Now, I don't know about you - but there are boxes and THINGS in the backs of our closets (except for Kelly's) that no one has seen since the movers put them there. The box of World Book Encyclopedias that were almost new when we moved here. A HUGE box of David's parents tax records (and Marie Bishop saved every SINGLE receipt that she ever received and then some!!) from 1981 forward. So most of yesterday was spent shredding - what a step back in time. Do you know that they could fill up their car and this was a big Buick car - for $13.00 !?! I realized that Marie would have LOVED shopping online - because she LOVED catalog shopping. I am so sure that those genes were passed on to me somehow, even tho we were not blood related!! So now, our closet is cleaned out - and no one wants encyclopedias!! It's my office upstairs that I am worried about now. I have to get that done tomorrow. Lots of boxing of books and trying to thin out and simplify my life one more time. Kaiti's room is cleaned out, ready to be dismantled and painted a blue color that's more suitable for a baby boy. I even splurged and bought MYSELF a new ladder today. If I can get the border removed and the room painted by the end of the week, then hopefully the carpet is in the first of next week. The wood is scheduled for the end of next week, and it will be done before the girls and Collin get here. That is absolutely it for the inside of the house except for bedding, windows, etc. I am so looking forward to getting into the Beth Moore study here, and the Priscilla Shirer study at church this week. So that's it for now - a weekend of cleaning out, throwing away and getting ready. About the time this is done, it will be time to move Kelly to Charleston. Hmmmm.....Here we go again.

4 comments:

Technonana said...

WHOA, GIRLFRIEND, can you do any more??? I too am cleaning out... attic storage spaces... I have things that belonged to my mom, my daughters and my son... I gave my children notice that if there was anything they wanted to keep they needed to come get it!!!
Sounds like Bible Study would be a welcomed break!!!
Love Ya!!!

Wystful1 said...

In regards to your question you asked about the Bloggers over 50 blogroll.

There are directions on how to have a drop down menu activated for the blogroll [without all the names showing on your sidebar!] Found on the homepage of Bloggers over 50. You need to do a bit of work to get it done. Just follow the directions carefully. [When you're out on flooble --make SURE you have 'initially hidden' checked. Then, you'll just see the bloggers over 50 blogroll title...with a plus sign. Hit the plus sign and it'll drop down, hit the minus sign and it'll close.

annette said...

I agree--moving is easier! Doesn't it feel great to get the closets sorted through, though. I have corners that haven't seen the light of day in 20 years here. BTW, I finally replied to your tag over at my blog. Love you, Annette

JeanMac said...

We went thru this last Sept.New paint and tore up all the floors on the main floor except the baths - I couldn't bear to do them.The only good thing about it is that you clean and toss! good luck and don't get discouraged - I did at one point as it spread over several months.We need pics after:)