Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tagged?? What's Tagged??

OK - I have been tagged!! I wasn't sure what that meant, but have now figured it all out - thanks Technonana!! Sooooo - here goes!

What was I doing 10 years ago?
Let's see 10 years ago - 1998. I was driving into Tampa everyday teaching at a private school for students with varying disabilities. This was a great job, with great co-workers and great parents, and some of the best students I have ever taught. I am still in touch with several of them who are away at college now. Harrison - I love you!! Kaiti was in 11th grade, and Kelly was a 6th grader. This was the year of looking at colleges, and lots of debate trips. David and I were working with the high school youth at our church and with Chrysalis, and our Emmaus community. We had a house full of teenagers here 24/7. David's Mom had just been moved to a nursing home here so that we could care for her. That was a big life change for all of us - but exactly what God wanted us to be doing.

My five favorite snacks. White chocolate turtles from Market Street Sweets in Charleston, homemade ChexMix, vanilla walnut fudge, nachos from Taco Bell, layered Mexican dip - I can make a meal out of this!!

Five things on my to do list today: this list is a carryover from yesterday - life just doesn't always turn out as planned - pack up Kelly's bedroom, start packing guest room for new carpet, buy paint for guest room/nursery, get flowers for cemetery, bank for Kelly, get by church to pick up new Bible study book, check at Joann's for new light and fabric for chair, call Guillermo to set up a tutoring - I know I said that I wasn't gong to work this summer, but Guillo is such an incredible little boy and I have so much fun with him - mail water samples and other packages off today, buy plants to replace the ones that I lost in the ongoing slug war-order the hammock stand - FINALLY, look at highchairs - is there any of today left???

Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I would plan a great trip somewhere extraordinary for my mom, my sister and myself. I would buy water treatment systems for Water Missions to set up in Africa - specifically locating them near the orphanages. I would fund research for the cause and cure of autism. I would set up private programs for educating children with autism. Fund research for developing a better treatment for migraine headaches and a cure/prevention for ovarian cancer. Do I still have money - figure out a way to reach out to single, pregnant women - provide education, medical treatment, housing, etc. Start a foundation for students who need academic help, but are not qualifying for help through the public school system. If there is any money left - how about that house on the beach for Camp KaKa.


Five jobs that I've had: organist - pianist for funeral home, church organist, department store salesgirl, teacher of autistic students Kent State Lab School, LD, EH, BD middle school teacher, Reading Resource teacher, LD Resource teacher, admissions testing, business owner-Magnum Opus Education Center

Five bad habits of mine: shopping, NOT exercising, putting on my makeup in the car - I really like that little light up mirror, reading the obituaries first everyday, procrastinating about way too many things in life


Five places I've lived: Sumter, SC. Statesboro, GA, Charleston, SC, Kent, OH, Hudson, OH, Hollywod, FL, Tampa, FL, Summerville, SC, Tampa, FL


Five random things people wouldn't know about me: I fell into a manhole in highschool - let's not even go there!! I love music - love to feel it, play it - would have written movie scores in another life. I could sit on the beach with a book from early morning until sunset - If you know me, you already know that. Sitting on the beach and reading Beach Music, - by Pat Conroy the week after we moved from Charleston was probably one of the most cathartic experiences of my life. I had an "afro" in college and my Mama paid someone to take it out - of course this ruined my hair!! My sister reminded me last weekend, that we were part of a bomb scare (we created the scare) at the old Dairy Queen at Windy Hill Beach - this had to be the summer of 1968 or 69. I really accepted Christ for my own at a Billy Graham movie right after my Daddy died when I was 14. And, this one is just for John and Cheryl - when I am really in a pinch, I still get store-bought food, and fancy it up in my own dishes and take it like I made it!?!?! Remember that night???

Five cds that I'd have to take on a desert island: Rich Mullins - Ragamuffin, Soundtrack from Prince of Tides, Beach Music Anthology - this is a 3 cd set - sorry bout that, worship cd that I made of my favorites, Alabama - Shagging on the Boulevard - is that the greatest!!! somewhere I would hope to find washed up on the beach Lynard Synard's greatest hit

People that I want to get to know better.........You've been tagged Annette at Annie's Eyes, Jean, my precious friend who I pray for daily - take a break and do this - it was really fun!! My kindred spirits - Kerry and Cheryl and Chris - how have we all changed over the years??

2 comments:

Technonana said...

Kathy!!! this is great!!! I love it!!! When I was in Florence working at a middle school, I worked with children with physical disablities. We had so much fun, we even got to go the Y once aweek to swim, they loved that!!!
All I can say is WOW!!!
Love you girl!!!

Cheryl Nichols said...

Yeh KaKA
John remembered!! Potato Salad, right?