Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Memories


Oh yes, how quick we forget - or maybe we forget because it has been soooo long!?!?! Let's see Kelly is 22, so it has been 21 years since I have had a baby to take care of. Don't get me wrong - I am still taking care of her, it has just been a long time since she was a baby. So here I am - staying home with Collin while Kaiti and Kelly are at Kaiti's school trying to finish up the mountain of paperwork and moving classrooms that come with the end of the schoolyear. Monday was the 4 month check-up with shots - UGH!!! He did great this time - no fever - just slept a little more than usual and wanted to held and rocked. That's OK. Yesterday, we played, made bottles, ate, changed lots of diapers, rocked, rocked and slept. Sometime in there the laundry was getting done - do you remember how many onesies, tiny socks that get lost in the wash, burp diapers, blankets, and bibs one tiny person uses in a day!! What a blessing this little boy is for so many people!! Keep praying for his daddy, who is now CAPT. Robert Wicker. Check out those socks - just like the big boys!!

6 comments:

Carolinian in Texas said...

I have a second or maybe third cousin who uses socks like that instead of a security blanket. His Mom says it is great because it doesn't matter what sock, it just has to be a sock. She is able to give him a clean one that way. Wow...yes, we do forget how much work a little one is. But Collin is so fortunate to have such a wonderful KaKa and Aunt to help take care of him. Wish I could be there too help too....Gramma K

Anonymous said...

Great photo of Collin and fun post! Andy and I are so proud of Robert, of course, and so very thankful that all of you are part of his family. He was looking for Robert's email address.

JeanMac said...

Yeah, Capt. the baby is so sweet.

annette said...

These are sweet days for you, with your girls, your baby, and yet you still hurt not too far from the surface. I am sure that beautiful baby boy is a gift to all of you. I am praying for Robert, and very proud of him. Love, Annette

Brenda said...

Just saw your blog on bloggers over 50 site and just wanted to tell you I have a grand baby almost 5 months old and I can really identify with your post. He is so cute! We have a little girl and she loves to chew on cloth diapers, but the sock is a good idea. I babysit her a few days a week, and boy am I tired at the end of the day!

Technonana said...

Oh Kathy, how wonderful!!! I know you loved every minute!!!