Monday, June 16, 2008

They Just Don't Make Them Like They Used To!!

I got up Friday morning, got a shower and needed to blow dry my hair. I asked Mom where I would find a hair dryer. OK - under the sink, in fact, she thinks the hair dryer belongs to me. I COULD NOT BELIEVE IT - what I found under the sink was a blow dryer that I had in COLLEGE!!! Does anyone out there realize just how long ago that was??? This was probably back at the beginning of little blow dryers!!! What a hoot!! David is ALWAYS complaining that things just aren't made like they used to be - do you know how many dryers we have gone through in our household of three females over the past 25 years??? This one is still blowing!?!?! So, I dry my hair and decide to get a photo of this so that the story is believable. Next day - time to dry my hair - start to work and all of a sudden fire is coming out of the bottom, I get the feeling of being electrocuted, and the dryer dies. After I finally get the "fire" out - I realize that my hand is hurting and I have a black spot where the wires were on my hand. CRAZY!! Just another crazy day in paradise or in my life. But really, thirty years for a hair dryer - unbelievable!!

2 comments:

Cheryl Nichols said...

Amazing!! I too used one like that (except blue) at my mom's last month. We are getting old KaKa!
Good to talk Saturday.
Love ya, Cheryl

JeanMac said...

My tea kettle and blender are vintage green from the 70's - still work perfectly and blender has a heavy glass jar.